My Staff Meeting Notes to teach this morning.....
Prepare thy work without ( prepare your plans before you start
And make it fit for thyself in the
field (listing your responsibilities on the job)
And afterwards build thy house. (the completion- creates the project done)
Outside, Inside, Front, Back, Upstairs, CS, Incoming & Outgoing, Donations,
Yard, Signage, Maintenance, Office.
- Get a notebook and start keeping a
daily dated record of activities. This will serve as a reference in case we need to go back and see what was done that day.
- Plan your work – list everything that needs to be done today.
- Number the levels of importance of each (what to do first, second, ect)
- This is based off of all the operations of the store, and who is responsible for each area. Teamwork means we get projects done when we work together. (Outside, Inside, Front, Back, Upstairs Ect.)
- First priority is doing what will impact the total picture first. So number the list starting with #1 for first thing to be done.
- Work your plan – keep your list handy all day so that you don’t get distracted. It also will help you to remember all that is to be done daily.
- Check each thing off as you complete it. This gives satisfaction and accomplishment at the end of each day.
- Follow the Daily / Monthly Checklists that are in place.
- If you were unable to complete something – put it on the next days list (don’t forget it… it was important to the whole operation and remains so)
Plan your Work….. then work your Plan.